Prospective Membership Application Form
Dear Co-housing Prospective Community Member,
You have recently applied to stay at Rawtreat. To make a right choice in your as well as in our interest, we would like to address here some questions to you. These are designed to provide a better assessment, to try and forsee if you would fit in here or not.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
For further info:
Please copy this form after filling it out and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Please let us know the date when you are planing on arriving and how long to stay.
2) What experiences have you had in any type of community settings?
3) What are your fears or concerns about living at Rawtreat? What will be your greatest personal growth challenges of living in community?
4) As we live in a prestine off-the-grid farm, which inavitabely entails to be secludetely located, we need a car to do our errands. Since we can not commit to provide rides for our guests, it is imperative for you to have your own car. How do you think about it?
5) Please check the answer(s) that best apply:
How do you feel about eating raw foods? Which of the following is closest to you?
Or please give your comment.
( ) I would enjoy a raw food diet at the project. Anyways that is what I eat on my own.... My ideal would be
anyway to live on a self-sufficient farm and enjoy 100% raw food..
( ) In order to find out how it feels, I would like to use the opportunity throughout my stay at Rawtreat to eat only raw... In town I can eat whatever I wish.
( ) I've been living for some time raw, though from time to time with "Fall-backs" to cooked food. I'm curious how it would be there living with you.
3.) How would you feel if there's only one person at the project.
6.) How would you feel living in a place that has simple accommodations?
The following questions do NOT apply to Guests
7.) list in the order of importance the fields that are of most interest to you, according to your answer, you will be assigned that type of tasks when you come.
( ) computers
( ) taking care of the green house
( ) planting fruit trees
( ) taking care of children
( ) taking care of horses. water buffolos and chicken
( ) helping out in the kitchen
( ) handyman, carpentry
( ) weeding and preparing plsnting beds
8. Please list all your
experiences in the fields of farming, organic growing,permaculture?
9. How would you describe your physical condition?
10. How would you describe your adaptibility to tropical/ humid weather?
11.) Let's do it! Rawtreat has directed its attention to the following points in its philosophy and practice.
Feel free to share what comes to you by reading these lines below.
- Simple, natural life
- Earth-based spirituality
- Off-grid life
- Raw food diet
12. Self-sufficiency in a permaculture-forest-garden. By this we mean at least 95% self-sufficiency, including the exchange with neighbors and friends.
Please check all the of the options that you feel closer to you, or give a comment.
A.Working in the fields of spirituality:
( ) would you prefer to do what you want to do? following the path of least Resistance.
( ) Are you taking the challenge to grow spiritually.
( ) Would you speak your mind even though it would hurt someones feelings or rathercover it up.
( ) Do you take any drugs?
B. Physical labor:
( ) Would you try to perform all daily activities on your farm yourself, or
( ) Would you employ other workers for this as well? Maybe because you're spiritually oriented and think of physical labor more on the worldly level.
( ) I have always enjoyed taking care of plants and trees and I enjoy being close to nature.
C. Please tell us in a few words, spontaneously and intuitively, what you would like to add to the above mentioned concepts and how far you're willing to seriously work in the implementation of your ideals.
13. Please describe your ideas and your motivation that made you apply at Rawtreat as an intern or volunteer.
14. What would you like or expect from the community?